Links to various useful resources dotted around the Parliament website, for all those wanting to demystify the Parliamentary process:
- Parliament TV. Whatever is being broadcast from Parliament, including Select Committees and Public Bill Committees, will be here.
- Commons Hansard by date. Daily record of debates in the Commons and Westminster Hall, as well as written answers and corrections.
- Summary agenda and order of business. Shows the detailed order of business for the House on any given day. Very useful to compare to the actual hansard record in terms of seeing what questions were scheduled to be asked but weren’t due to lack of time.
- Future business. What’s happening in the Commons predominantly over the next week.
- Parliament Advanced Search feature. Allows you to search for key words and phrases amongst all Parliamentary publications, including PQs, debates and research briefings.
- Bills and legislation. Main gateway for Bills and draft Bills (example: Energy Bill page)
- Deposited papers. Statements from Ministers and Departments not made verbally in the chamber.
- Publications and records. All Parliamentary publications, including hansards of Lords debates and Public Bill committees.
- The Question Book. Shows all questions that have been tabled by MPs, but not yet answered.
- The Parliament Glossary. Includes explanations of lots of parliamentary jargon.